Joe Biden is the current Vice-President of the United States. A former Senator from Delaware, Biden was a Presidential candidate for President in 2008 before being picked as Obama’s Vice President. During his campaign he stressed how much of a threat climate change is to our country and the world, especially the threat to our national security.
- “I held hearings this year pointing out that if we do not do something of consequence about global warming, drastically and soon, we literally are going to find ourselves reconfiguring our entire military to deal with occasions for new wars, which are going to be about territory and arable land.”Source
- “Kyoto is absolutely essential, the idea that we need not deal generically and nationally and internationally with global warming is absolutely ridiculous. It is maybe the single largest long-term concern – meaning the next several decades – for the world and the United States.”Source
- “If I could wave a wand, and the Lord said I could solve one problem, I would solve the energy crisis. That’s the single most consequential problem we can solve. It’s what you have to do to get greenhouse gases under control.”
- Sponsor of S. 1055: American Automobile Industry Promotion Act of 2007
- Co-sponsor of S.309 – Global Warming Pollution Reduction Act