Robert F Kennedy Jr.
Robert F Kennedy Jr. is the son of RFK and nephew of President JFK. He is a environmental lawyer and environmental activist. He was named by Time magazine as one of their ‘Heros for the Planet’ for his successful litigation protecting the environment. He was critized for reportedly saying that hog farmers pose more of a threat to the US than Osama Bin Laden and his terrorist network, when asked if he did indeed make those comments he replied “I believe it and I support it”
- “Large-scale hog producers are a greater threat to the United States and U.S. democracy than Osama bin Laden and his terrorist network.”Source
- “Exxon Mobil and its carbon cronies continue to pour money into think tanks whose purpose is to deceive the American public into believing that global warming is a fantasy.”Source
- Alaska is melting before our eyes; entire villages erode as sea ice vanishes, glaciers are disappearing at a frightening clip, and “dancing forests” caused by disappearing permafrost astonish residents and tourists. Source
- “The macro impacts of global warming–catastrophic storms, flooded coastlines, melted icecaps, shrinking glaciers, dwindling water supplies and agricultural disruptions are finally getting some attention by America’s lethargic press. But the seismic shifts in global weather patterns are already dramatically altering the local ecosystems that for eons have defined America’s landscape.”
“The recent disruptions to animal and plant behavior are evident to anyone except for ideologically blinded right-wing flat-earthers and Exxon/Mobil’s political and media toadies like Michael Crichton, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.”
- “These villainous companies that consistently put their private financial interest ahead of American interest and ahead of the interest of all of humanity. This is treason. And we need to start treating them as traitors.”Source
- “Our generation faces the greatest moral and political crisis in human history. Will we take the steps necessary to avert catastrophic global warming or will we doom our children to a new Dark Ages in a world that is biologically and economically impoverished and defined by ever diminishing quality of life. According to the grimmest forecasts, extreme global warming could give us a future where erratic and chaotic weather, rising sea levels, and melting snowpack usher in an epic of drought, crop failure, famine, flood and mass extinctions — and the political instability that invariably accompanies dwindling resources. Millions of environmental refugees uprooted by these calamities will challenge the existence of democracy, freedom, justice and human dignity in every corner of the globe. Our grandchildren may look longingly at our era as the apex of civilization and human progress.”Source
Kennedy does not hold an elected position. There are some rumors he will run for office, and it is certain he would support climate change legislation if elected.